OTOPLASTY in ibiza
Change your appearance with a simple ear surgery: Discover the otoplasty in ibiza
In our cosmetic surgery clinic in Ibiza we have the Otoplasty, also known as cosmetic ear surgery.
It is a procedure that can be done from 5 years of age, by which a person can change the shape, position or size of the ears. Normally, it is performed to touch them up or to end a complex.
What is Otoplasty
Otoplasty or ear surgery is a type of cosmetic surgery performed to correct deformities or malformations of the ears.
It is often performed to fix bulging or disproportionate ears, misplaced ears, or earlobes that are too long or too thick. Regardless of whether it is a problem of birth or derived from an accident.
The surgery is performed under local anesthesia. After undergoing surgery, it is necessary to wear an elastic band on the ears for a few days to keep them in their proper position and that does not affect the recovery.
Recovery is usually quick and the results are visible immediately, so the patient can enjoy more proportionate and beautiful ears in a very short time. It is a quick and virtually risk-free operation.
When to undergo otoplasty?
While it is true that each person may have their reasons for undergoing an otoplasty, either for aesthetics or health. Mainly, the patient who undergoes it does so for these reasons:
- The ears protrude too far from the head
- The ears are too big
- The previous surgery did not achieve the desired results and you want to repeat it.
- You are looking to optimize the symmetry between both ears.
The ideal is to have a first consultation with the plastic surgeon. There you will be able to explain your case and answer questions about possible diseases or medications. You will also be able to talk about the surgery and the expectations and results, in order to confirm that you are a good candidate.
Are there any risks? Before the patient undergoes an ear surgery operation, it is important to know the risks, which exist for any type of surgery, no matter how minor it may be.
- Infection: as with any surgery, there is a risk of infection at the site where the otoplasty is performed. It can occur if the clinic where the procedure is performed does not follow hygiene and cleaning measures to the letter. It can also occur if the patient does not properly care for the wound after undergoing the procedure.
- Reaction to anesthesia: although it is a surgery performed under local anesthesia, the patient is exposed to a possible risk of reactions to anesthesia. These include difficulty breathing, nausea or vomiting.
- Allergic reaction: the patient may have an allergy to the adhesive fabric or other materials used. This is rare but can happen.
- Problems with stitches: since stitches are necessary, they also need to be removed. They can cause a type of inflammation of the skin, but this is not common. The ideal is to follow the care of the area to the letter.
- Swelling and pain: after surgery, it is normal to experience swelling and pain in the ears, since the area has undergone an intervention and it is normal that it is sensitive and has to heal for a few days. But do not worry, it is normal and these symptoms usually disappear in a few days.
- Scars: although scars can form and are permanent, if done well will be hidden behind the ears themselves or in the folds of the same.
- Increased skin sensitivity: it may happen that the skin of the face is more sensitive days after the intervention. This is temporary.
In any case, do not worry because otoplasty is a safe and effective surgery to correct deformities or malformations of the ears. But like any surgery, it carries certain risks and it is our duty to mention them.
The postoperative period is simple. The ears are covered with bandages. It is possible that you may have some discomfort, but in that case the doctor will recommend taking painkillers for immediate relief.
It is important not to touch the area for a few days and even follow some special recommendations for sleep, to avoid putting pressure on the area. In a matter of weeks it will be over.
Are the results permanent?
After undergoing otoplasty and removing the bandages, you will see that you have renewed ears, as you always dreamed. The changes are permanent. They do not revert with the passage of time, but remain so forever.
In any case, in case you are concerned, a revision surgery could be performed.
Otoplasty in Ibiza
If you are interested in learning more about cosmetic ear surgery, our clinic will be happy to assist you and review your case. Ask for a first appointment so we can evaluate your case. We look forward to seeing you.