Correction of breast asymmetry in ibiza
natural and harmonious results
There are women who have what is known as asymmetrical breasts. A problem that refers to breast asymmetry. That is, an inequality of shape, position or size between the breasts.
If you think this is your case, in our clinic in Ibiza we perform different types of breast surgery depending on the problem. Find out more without obligation.
What is an asymmetric breast?
Breast asymmetry occurs when one breast is larger than the other or has different shapes.
It is a common condition among women and can be due to several factors. For example, due to a hormonal change, a different development, an injury, an illness, etc. We talk about it below.
Why does it happen?
There is not always an explanation, because this breast asymmetry can have different origins. For example:
- Different development: it may happen that the breasts grow at a different rate during puberty and adulthood. As a result, the breasts may look different from each other.
- Hormonal changes: changes in hormone levels in women can cause significant alterations in the body. This can occur during the menstrual cycle or also during other phases such as pregnancy or menopause. These hormonal changes can compromise the size and shape of the breasts.
- Injuries: Asymmetry can also lead to injuries. For example, as a result of sports injuries or surgical interventions. These are problems that can cause the breasts to look different.
- Diseases: there are certain diseases that can affect breast symmetry. For example, breast cancer or fibrocystic mastopathy.
These problems are the order of the day and can jeopardize the aesthetics and self-esteem of many women, as it is a problem that can be very painful for women.
Regardless of the trigger, you should know that a plastic surgeon can propose options to correct breast asymmetry. So if you are concerned you can always talk to a professional about the real expectations in your case.
How is the surgery to correct breast asymmetry?
It is up to the plastic surgeon to determine the type of surgery that can correct your asymmetrical breast problem. In some cases, he/she may even combine different procedures; depending on the asymmetry presented and the individual preferences that the patient may have. For example:
- Breast augmentation surgery: if one breast is smaller than the other, it is normal for the patient to see that she has this asymmetrical breast problem. But it can be corrected with breast augmentation surgery on the smaller breast to equalize the size.
- Breast reduction surgery: the opposite case of the above can occur. If one breast is larger than the other, a breast reduction can be performed on the larger breast to equalize the size. This way they will no longer look asymmetrical.
- Breast lift: Breast lift is a type of breast lift surgery that can be done on a customized basis to lift and shape the breast to the desired shape.
- Nipple repositioning surgery: it may happen that the nipple is slightly displaced. In this case, it can be repositioned to correct the position so that it is located where it should be.
- Fat injection: injecting fat into the breasts may be an option to consider in order to equalize the size.
As you can see, there are different types of surgery depending on the patient’s condition and needs. They can be done separately or even combined, to achieve the desired result.
How to identify breast asymmetry?
There are women who suspect that they have asymmetrical breasts. It is something that a priori may be easy to identify in some cases, but not so clear in others. In general, there are several signs that may indicate breast asymmetry:
- Different breast size: this happens when one breast is larger or smaller than the other.
- Different shape: it is also considered breast asymmetry if one breast has a different shape. It is usually seen as more droopy or outward.
- Nipple displaced to one side: This problem is also confirmed if one of the nipples is displaced upward, downward, sunken inward or excessively outward.
- Growth at a different rate: during the growth stage of the breasts, you may notice that one breast begins to grow faster than the other or even changes in size. This may occur if there are hormonal changes.
For any of these signs, it is important to talk to a medical professional to determine the cause and whether some type of surgery can be performed to correct breast asymmetry.
Correction of breast asymmetry in Ibiza
If you suffer from a clear problem of breast asymmetry and you think it is significant or that it affects your self-esteem or even your quality of life, call us so we can evaluate your case. You are in the best hands.